Building a culture of peace begins with children. Looking for something different and relevant for your kids to do during summer or school vacations? Send them to Peace Camp, a violence-prevention program, teaching useable tools to promote conflict resolution through peaceful means.
Peace Camp is a program of Building Bridges Through Music and incorporates the use of expressive arts for children and youth ages 6-14, five goals are explored and implemented:
- Train youth to live and teach the “Pledge of Nonviolence” in creative ways.
- Empower youth to make presentations on peaceful values and skills.
- Equip children with skills and values to confront injustice and build peace.
- Challenge and help youth peer leaders integrate the “Pledge” into their schools, youth groups and families.
- Make a positive impact on communities that suffer the inequalities of injustice including bullying.
Peace Camp promotes creative expression and community building through a two-week intensive summer program of music, arts and crafts activities, movement, video, stories and other creative outlets. Peace Camp is also offered each school vacation.